Admins can create a new channel at any time.
Creating a new channel can be done by accessing the Manage Channels section in the Admin area and selecting the Add Channel option.
When setting up the new channel, the following information needs to be filled in:
- Channel Name
- Channel Description
- Channel Logo (Ideal size: 500x500)
- Cover Photo (Ideal size: 1600x200)
*Your logo and Cover photo will preview on the right side of the screen as in the below example:
**The logo and the cover photo can be changed at any time.
When creating a channel you have the option as setting it as Closed or Open.
- A Closed channel is visible only to the members who joined it. Only the channel administrator can add members.
- An Open channel is visible to all users which are part of the community and can be joined freely by each user.
Set Joining Options
By choosing Allow automatic joining of everyone the channel manager can allow all users to join the channel automatically once they are logged onto the community. However, this function can be enabled only after the channel was created.
In order to enabled the auto-join function for a channel, please see the below steps:
- Go to the desired channel
- Access the Manage option
- Go to the Settings tab
- Under Automatic Join choose Enable. This function can be deactivated at any time.