Only users with admin level access can create channels on communities.
To create a new channel for your community go to 'Manage Community' under your profile image in the top right hand side of the screen.
This will open the admin panel. From there click 'Manage Channel'.
This will bring up your existing channels as well as '+Add channel' at the top.
Click add channel to bring up the channel set up screen.
Fill in the relevant information and click add channel. Once you hit 'create channel', your new channel will be ready to go!
When setting up the new channel, the following information needs to be filled in:
- Channel Name
- Channel Description
- Channel Logo (Ideal size: 500x500)
- Cover Photo (Ideal size: 1600x200)
*Your logo and Cover photo will preview on the right side of the screen as in the below example:
**The logo and the cover photo can be changed at any time.
When creating a channel you have the option as setting it as Closed or Open.
- A Closed channel is visible only to the members who joined it. Only the channel administrator can add members.
- An Open channel is visible to all users which are part of the community and can be joined freely by each user.
Set Joining Options
By choosing Allow automatic joining of everyone the channel manager can allow all users to join the channel automatically once they are logged onto the community. However, this function can be enabled only after the channel was created.
In order to enabled the auto-join function for a channel, please see the below steps:
- Go to the desired channel
- Access the Manage option
- Go to the Settings tab
- Under Automatic Join choose Enable. This function can be deactivated at any time.